Sunday, October 16, 2011

family day.
we used to have that.
back when i was still in primary school.
and then my bro and sis were still in high school.
but as i grew, they grew too.
as time went by, they went to universities, and the tradition stopped there.
and now, it's just me eating at home with my uncle and auntie.

i would follow my aunt to pick up my sis and bro from school when i was still preschooling.
i would follow her and sit in the car and stone in her,
gets excited when i see people starting to flood out of the school gate,
getting even more excited when i see that face i was searching for amongst the crowd and go "there! there! come already!!"
haha. =)
and if i had the chance to, i would go out to those 'very-smart-conmen-vendor-who-always-waits-at-the-front-of-the-school-to-wait-for-people-to-be-conned' and spend a few bucks for the sake of buying something.
awh.
i really am being nostalgic here.
i wonder why.
but anyhow, i shall continue.
then we would drive home, and my auntie will continue with her cooking.
she would cook awesome food, filling and yummy for everybody to eat.

during the weekends,
we would all go out for dinner together,
back then, for me to pick a dish would be a forbidden thing.
but it was nice.
everybody would sit together, wait for the food to be served, eat together, leave together.
the time for the family to bond.
and then there were certain days where we would go out to shopping malls to do shopping, or just doing window shopping.

ahk.
i can't go on with that nostalgic part.
=/
because i appreciated nothing back then.
now that i no longer have that, i do have tons of things that i do miss.
one, for instance would be the family dinner that we normall had.
this one, i missed the most.
in comparison with the times where i was pretty much forbidden to do orderings,
now it is me, asking them to go out for dinner together, and me doing certain orderings.
the only reason to why this had change, was due to my bro and sis being working adults, and having their own lives now.

it is also hard to go out shopping now,
i would practically have to drag my aunt just to get her out of the house now.
=/
i really do miss those days.
and now, i would really be happy if my bro and sis do come home, and bring both my aunt and uncle out for a proper dinner.
best part, i get to order too!
but this is really rare.
my sis is all the way down there in australia, and bro is always MIA.
=(

even now, my aunt doesn't really bother cooking proper food anymore.
thanks to me bro who is always MIA.
that, in turn made me not want to come home to eat too,
feeling like it would be troublesome for my auntie to think what to cook for the 3 of us, her, my uncle and i.

and then i remember we used to cramp up the car just to do some travellings!
to cameron, to genting, to fraser's, to ipoh.
dang
i really miss those days.
=(

and now, i don't even spend as much time at home as i used to already.
all i do is come home, and stone in my room, sleep, and then leave.
i do feel bad for what i'm doing.
but...

things are pushing me away.
but what pulls me back is still my auntie.
i worry for my auntie.
i do.
=/

No comments:

Post a Comment