Wednesday, October 26, 2011

hello there.
i'm not to sure if i'm actually allowed to post this up,
but i just needed to write something about it,
hopefully nothing paranormal would happen if i do. hehe

well. i'm left with about 4 to 5 days til my first paper, bio.
and it's my finals,
but i'm having my break now, but yeah. it's a study break but i'm thrown off of my routine of 'going to college to study til it's late and i'm satisfied with that i've studied for the day',
because,
my grandma had passed away.

i'm not sad.
but i do miss her.
she had been so strong all this while.
even that snake bite three years back did not kill her.
she was be bed-ridden for about one week, and we all thought it was time for her to go then already,
but nope, she was strong, too strong in fact, that she survived the poisonous snake bite to live until now.
but of course we didn't want to risk her getting another injury like that, so my aunts and uncles planned out some 'plan' where they took turns taking care of grandma.
owh. prior to that snake incident, she lived alone in her own home.
where she rears chickens and pigeons.
goodness know how much strength this old lady has,
she managed to move heavy objects around by herself, mending her chicken coop and the pigeon... wait. it's actually the pigeon's coop, because the chickens were free to walk around. HAHA
when i was younger, she had ducks. one super old duck which i remember walking about the house, slowly but he was walking around still. =)
i got that animal love thanks to both my auntie and grandma, actually.
i just realised it. HAHA
everytime i go back to my grandma's place, she'd give me one of her little chicks to play with.
play, but i didn't kill any of them.
it would break my heart if i do injure them in anyways.
but i remember them being too comfortable and they just shit on me.
HAHHAHA
good times.
and my grandma is SO CUTE!
her favourite would be KFC. HAHAHAHAHA
ironically, she rears them chicken, but she loves them chicken meat. =O
and!! we would travel to Seremban often when we do pay our grandma a visit,
going to Pizza Hut, calling pizzas, 'la-kia-si' also meant, spider web.
hahahahahaha.
she is so cute!!
and i would have to say, she was the only reason, everybody returned home to celebrate chinese new year together as a whole big family,
for her birthday falls on the 2nd day of chinese new year, which makes everything much more significant.
but due to family complicants, that, had failed for the past two to three years.

but within that three years, my grandma was able to spend more time with each of her children.
so i guess, she was satisfied already.
and i'm pretty sure she was choosing the right timing to go,
because everything seemed to have fall in the right time;
-my mom came back with her boyfriend,
-my sis came back for a transit to indonesia, so she managed to know what is happening somehow,
-my grandma's sister (or was it my grandpa's sister? hrm...) passed away not too long ago.
and i guess she didn't feel like it was necessary for her to further fight it anymore.
she's 88 years old.
somehow the chinese tradition made it a total of 91, as the death age,
and at the age of 91, it seems like some sort of celebration, because it isn't easy for old people to live that long anymore.
my grandma was awesome.
but she stil cute!
especially when she laughs.
=)

about ten years ago, my grandpa passed away.
i was too young to remember what exactly happened, but i know i was that little girl walking around, confused with what was happening.
so when the funeral was taking place this time for my grandma,
i was trying hard to remember what happened for my grandpa, because the memory i have of it was really vague.
=/
owh! i'm like the youngest cousin of the 'Wong' family.
and i still am as blur as usual from time to time. haha

what i didn't get was, the praying session.
it doesn't make any sense to me.
and it got me laughing several times.
and wait. i have issues with my surname. HAHAHA
i'm supposed to follow my father's surname, Ou, right?
but since young, my mom had always thought me how to write the 'Wong' as my surname in chinese.
So, when this happened, the praying session needed to annouce everybody's name, those of who are related to my grandma; the sons, the daughters, the in-laws, the grandchildrens and the greatgrandchildrens.
so when my name was mentioned, 'Wong Kah Sim'
it was really awkward. all my cousins looked back at me. HAHAHAHAHHA
i, myself was confused, my facial expression didn't even change when they all looked back at me, i just go O.o???
HAHAHAHAH

and their chants were as though they were randomly mentioning random names,
they even had a special tune for it,
and because the session was freaking long, i somehow decided to entertain myself by moving to the beat of the tune from time to time.
yes, it seems disrespectful.
but i am YOUNG! and long praying sessions like that could easily bore me to sleep. =/

there was this one session where it requires us to walk around the front compound of the house, pick up a coin and place it into a bowl, then pluck a leaf off a branch that was placed there, and placing the leaf into the box.
i forgotten how many rounds we walked, but as we were entering the 4th round, one of the 'praying people' told us "pluck more the better", well DUHH, my bro was infront of me and we just started plucking leaves like nobody's business.
that was the fun part.
it looked funny. hehe. because behind us were the two grandchildren,
in a way, it looked like we, kids were playing, plucking as many leaves, literally bringing down the whole branch.

wait. hahah! i think i just confused you with the lining up sequence thingy.
chinese and their weird culture of 'PRIORITISING THE MALES', sigh.
here is how it is like;
Black - sons and daughters
Dark Blue - son's children
Light Blue - daughter's children
Green - son's son's children
it further separates between the 'wongs' and the 'non-wongs',
red ribbon for those who does not have the surname of 'wong' in their name.
and non for those who are 'wongs'.
surname-ist.
tsktstsk.

anyhow. we had 4 sessions of prayers yesterday.
started from 6pm all up til 12 midnight.
there were break intervals for us to have a breather.
no wonder i don't remember a thing about my grandfather's funeral.
i only remember walking all the way from my grandma's house all the way to the burial site.
pretty sure we gonna do that too.
my goodness. i'm seriously fretting the fact that i have no memory of my grandfather's funeral. gaaaahhhh

popo ah! rest in peace. =)
we all sayang you! <3
say hi to gonggong for me! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment